THIS CHICKEN PARM THOUGHHHHHH.
it’s no secret that I’m in l o v e with italian food. if you followed me on any social media before i went low fodmap it was pizza this and pizza that. all things pasta, sauce, cheese, cured meats, cheese, pizza, carbs carbs carbs. so with this low fodmap diet it’s been harder to fulfill my cravings and boy do they get extremely strong.
cue quinoa crusted chicken parm. seriously. i'm all about creating alternatives for your favorite foods. so since i cant have pasta or breading or ANYTHING (jk that’s a little dramatic) i finally found theeee freaking best thing. easiest recipe and actually so filling and delicious you won’t miss flour or traditional breading that's on chicken parm.
- thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breast 4 pc.
- two cups of cooked quinoa
- two eggs
- rao's sensitive formula marinara sauce (or your fav marinara sauce)
- fresh basil
- wine. wine. more wine.
- olive oil
- preheat oven to 425 degrees
- coat frying pan in olive oil
- beat two eggs in a bowl
- pour wine into glass
- wash off chicken and dip in the eggs then in quinoa.
- You may have to press the quinoa onto the chicken a bit so it's coated on both sides
- place two pieces of chicken on the frying pan at one time, cooking for two minutes on each side on medium heat.
- once chicken has been lightly fried place in an oven safe dish.
- take sips of wine
- fry the remaining two pieces
- top with sauce, both mozzarella and parm, oregano, and fresh basil
- cook for 12-15 minutes until cheese is bubbly and begins to brown
- spiralize zoodles instead of pasta to make this dish even better and add a green ;)
we added an arugula salad, a decent $12 bottle of red and called it a night. highly rec if you're looking to have a nice stay in dinner and feel like treating yourself. doesn't take long and if you're cooking add that glass of wine a little earlier to speed up time. it was even more amazing because sean cooked the whole thing & i played supervisor, quietly sipping my cab.